SHOP THE COLLECTION
Take 3 pieces of rubbish with you when you leave the beach, waterway or… anywhere, and you have made a difference. #Take3ForTheSea
Take 3's initiatives are all about education and with the money raised they have been able to reach thousands of students and community members. In 2019 alone our support helped make the below educational activities possible:
- 28th July 2019 – Plastic Free July Community Event, collaborative clean- up day, litter audit and community education program with Take 3.
- 8th August 2019 – Take 3 presented to over 20 School Principals at a Professional Development Day hosted by Knox Grammar.
- 11th August 2019 – Super Science Saturday Take 3 interactive stall at the Australian Museum; directly engaging and outreaching to over 2,200 enthusiastic scientists of all ages.
- 12th August 2019 - Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre featured Take 3 at a High School Student Environmental Leadership Workshop at Taronga Zoo for 100 students and teachers.
- 19th August 2019 – Sustainability Expo at the Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre. Secondary students who attended the Student Environmental Leadership Day at Taronga mentored approximately 180 primary school students.
- 13th September 2019 – Co-founders present at Mudgee Green Day in regional NSW, hosted by Craig Reucassal (War on Waste) to 19 schools (with approximately 800 students attending).
Due to fires, floods and the global COVID-19 pandemic Take 3's initiatives in early 2020 faced some set backs but despite that they were still able to engage 87 schools, educating over 3,500 students. For 2020 NOGU's support helped make the below educational activities possible:
- May-June 2020 – I Am Ocean, a 3-part short film campaign to inspire a deeper connection with the ocean reached 332,000 people. Part one focused on the beauty of Mother Ocean; part two identified the critical problem our ocean is facing through plastic pollution; and part three identified solutions to the problem and encouraged people to ‘be part of the solution’ to plastic pollution.
- Take 3’s Choose Nude campaign encouraged people to buy ‘nude’ produce in July, instead of produce wrapped in unnecessary plastic packages, bags or wraps.
- 17th - 21st August 2020 – Science Week presentation with Taronga Zoo with a direct engagement with 286 schools and approximately 24,120 students based on 90 students engaged per school (Taronga Zoo).
Every year 10 million pieces of rubbish are removed thanks to participation in 129 countries and more than 500,000 people educated.
NOGU is a primary donor of Take 3 and we take pride in knowing that our donations have played a substantial role in the extraordinary outcomes Take 3 has achieved and you should too, we couldn't have done it without all of you!
To learn more about Take 3 please visit take3.org.